October 3, 2019
Hey, ladies! As a San Antonio makeup artist, I get asked a lot of questions from my San Antonio brides and clients. In this blog, I’m going to answer the most popular questions. These questions range from the booking process, to day of wedding expectations, to business policies. Anything that you’ve ever questioned about Braid N’Hairpins will be answered here.
1. “How do I book your team for my wedding day hair and makeup?” Clients can either call/ text me at 210-852-9795, send a contact form through www.braidnhairpins.com, direct message me on Instagram, or message me on Facebook. Please provide your name, email address, date of wedding or event, location for services, and the number of your party needing services. Once it is determined that I am available on your date and the number in your party needing services meets the location requirements, I will determine your deposit amount. The travel fee will determine how much the deposit will be. The deposit is applied to the travel fee on the day of the event. With your permission, I will email you the deposit request and contract via my Honeybook account. Once the deposit is paid and the contract is signed, you are all set!
2. “Why is a deposit required?” A deposit is required in order to reserve your date for services. A deposit is required because it is your commitment to me that you are scheduling services for a particular date. The receipt of the deposit is my commitment to you that your date is reserved.
3. “Why is the deposit amount determined by the travel fee?” The deposit amount is determined by the travel fee to protect me and my artists and ensure that the travel fee is paid before we travel out to the location for services. I’ve had two unfortunate incidents which have caused this to be a policy that I have adopted. Once, I traveled all the way out to a venue which was an hour away only to be told that the bride had hired another makeup artist without cancelling services with me. Another time, I traveled to downtown San Antonio only to receive a call from the client stating that she no longer had time for her appointment with me. The deposit of the travel fee at least ensures that our travel expenses are paid for in the unfortunate event that something like this would happen again.
4. “Why is there a travel fee?” There is a travel fee to ensure that our travel expenses are paid for by the client. It is a luxury to have on location services and our travel expenses are not free to us. We often travel to venues that are an hour or more away from San Antonio. The travel fee covers travel to and from the location of services. Valet and parking expenses are also charged to the client if we are traveling to downtown San Antonio or to a resort. Parking and valet services for these locations often range from $20-$30 per artist.
5. “How far do you travel to provide on location services?” We travel within two hours of San Antonio and it depends on how many services are booked. We only travel further distances for larger wedding parties.
6. “Why is a contract necessary?” A contract is necessary for many reasons. The contract requires the client to fill out information that is necessary for me know in order to schedule your event correctly. This includes your phone number, address for services, your wedding planner information, start and end time for services, time of your first look, and time of your ceremony. By signing the contract, the client releases me and any artist working with me from all liability. It also gives me permission to use photos that are taken at your event to be used by me on my social media. It also outlines when your final payment is due and sets expectations for the day of the event. By signing the contract, you agree to the terms written therein.
7. “What is your cancellation policy?” If services are cancelled, the deposit is nonrefundable. This is because it was your good faith that services should be rendered and your date was reserved for you. Other jobs were turned away because the date was reserved for you.
8. “Do you bring your own supplies?” We bring absolutely everything that is needed. We only use high quality, professional grade products.
9. “What brands of products do you use?” I use products such as Graftobian, Temptu, Makeup Forever, Tarte, MAC, Bedhead, Sebastian, just to name a few.
10. “Are your products safe for sensitive skin?” My products are safe for all skin types.
11. “What days of the week do you offer trials?” I offer trials on any day of the week except on Saturday. Saturdays are reserved for weddings and special events.
12. “Why do you recommend a hair and makeup trial?” Please refer to my last blog post, “Get ready! Get set! Get glam!” In this blog, I outline all the reasons why you should schedule a trial and how to prepare for your trial.
13. “What can I do to prepare for my wedding day hair and makeup appointment?” Please refer to my blog post, “How to Be the Belle at Your Own Ball”. In this blog, I provide a list of ways that you can prepare for your big day!
14. “Should I expect just you on the wedding day or do you have a team?” The number of artists assigned to your wedding depends on how many services are booked.
15. “How far in advance do you need to know how many services will be needed?” I need to know at least one month in advance of the event date how many services will be needed at your event. This helps to ensure that you have sufficient artists at your event.
16. “What is the difference between traditional and airbrushed makeup?” Please refer to my blog post, “San Antonio Bride’s Guide to Flawless Skin: Airbrush Makeup or Traditional Makeup”. In this blog, I describe all the differences between the two.
17. “When should I wash my hair before my appointment?” I prefer you to wash your hair the day before your appointment.
18. “Do you install hair extensions?” I can install clip in extensions only. There is an additional $15 charge for clip in hair extensions and have to be supplied by the client. A great place to purchase hair extensions is Sally’s Beauty Supply.
As a makeup artist San Antonio, I answer the above questions often. I hope that the answers above put to rest any questions that my San Antonio brides may have. If you are planning a Texas wedding or event and have further questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com or give me a call at 210-852-9795.